Last updated: March 08, 2022
Joyful Rising, LLC respects your privacy and always acts responsibly to protect your privacy. We believe in transparency with business practices and welcome your questions.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Joyful Rising, LLC, PO Box 444 Gastonia, NC 28053.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: North Carolina, United States
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Joyful Rising Writing & Marketing, accessible from https://www.joyfulrisingwriting.com.
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
As with most websites, Usage Data is collected automatically when using this Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
• Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We never collect personal information about You unless You choose to provide Us with information. This includes but is not limited to: submitting inquiries through our web forms, subscribing to marketing emails, requesting a complimentary call or Zoom session, emailing Us, calling Us, text messaging, and direct messaging through social media platforms.
Personal information collected includes, but is not limited to: name, email address, phone number, business name, business website, and public social media accounts.
Use of Your Personal Data
If You choose to provide Us with Personal Data, the Company may use it for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the project agreement, engagement agreement, or retainer agreement for the services You have purchased or any other contract with Us.
• To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication to meet your needs as a potential client or client.
• To provide You with updates and general information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
• To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
• For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Service, services, marketing, and Your experience.
We never sell Your Personal Data.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
• With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with third-party software Service Providers to digitize our processes, meet Your needs as a client or potential client, market our services, and analyze trends. Service Providers may include but are not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Workspace, Hubspot, Aweber, Showit, MailChimp, HelloSign, Zoom, Wave Financial, and PayPal.
• With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for other purposes with Your consent. We may need to share Your information if you hire Us to provide services or complete projects (ex: domain registration and website hosting for website design projects; social media post scheduling platforms for social media marketing services). We may provide referrals as email introductions to other service providers (ex: coaches, wellness professionals, photographers) if You express interest in their services or connecting for networking purposes.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
• Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
• Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
• Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
• Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you, but we typically respond within 1-2 business days.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
How to Unsubscribe from Marketing Emails
You may opt out of email newsletters and one-to-one marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every marketing email.